What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it a requirement to operate positve release for chilled desserts?

Started by , Jan 11 2019 03:04 PM
2 Replies

Hi All,

I was wondering if deserts that were chilled and contained milk in the form of cream would be required to undergo positive release i.e. micro testing before being allowed to be distributed?

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages SQF 2.4.7 Product Release Requirement of Traded Goods-BRCGS Issue 9 Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases
[Ad]

This depends entirely on your HACCP & the CCPs you follow - I do not believe this is mandated by law but advise you check check micro criteria of foodstuffs (2005) to confirm what standard you need to conform to for your product group.

End point testing is not a substitute for HACCP controls, especially in heterogenous production as, just because the tested sample/samples are clear of pathogens it does not necessarily follow that the remainder of the batch is compliant - end point testing is a way of confirming your HACCP plan is working.

Hi All,

I was wondering if deserts that were chilled and contained milk in the form of cream would be required to undergo positive release i.e. micro testing before being allowed to be distributed?

Thanks

IMEX BRC requires positive release, eg clause 5.7/5.7.1 of BRC8

I would anticipate that for batches of  the product you mention micro testing would be included..

Similar Discussion Topics
What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages SQF 2.4.7 Product Release Requirement of Traded Goods-BRCGS Issue 9 Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases Toilet Requirement per number of employees X-ray reject investigation and product release Chilled Distribution CCP Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Do we need to have a sink in the lunch trailer or is the re-entry handwashing requirement sufficient?