What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Requirements for Storing Liquid Waste for Animal Food

Started by , Jan 14 2019 05:46 PM
1 Reply

We are a ice cream plant that has some waste .  Right now we have a farmer that pick the waste up as needed.  We do have a animal feed license.  My question is if we have to follow FSMA rules.  Do we need to kept the waste at 45 degree or low?

Thanks for the feedback 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging
[Ad]

Section 507.12(a) Except as provided by paragraph (b) of this section, the requirements of this part do not apply to by-products of human food production, or the off-farm packing and holding of raw agricultural commodities, that are packed or held by that human food facility for distribution as animal food if:

(1)(i) The human food facility is subject to and in compliance with subpart B of part 117 of this chapter and in compliance with all applicable human food safety requirements of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and implementing regulations;

Your product must still maintain all applicable human food safety requirements and must also be held to protect against contamination (507.28).  So my answer would be yes.

1 Like2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Requirements for Work In Process WIP Requirements for packaging SQF Requirements - Pest Control Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Halal requirements for foods imported to GCC