What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Supplier audit questionnaires and TACCP/VACCP

Started by , Jan 23 2019 02:38 PM
3 Replies

Would adding a section for TACCP and VACCP on our existing SAQ be sufficient to meet the BRC standard V 8 .  Can anyone advise on this matter please. Thanks Adrian

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging?
[Ad]

If you ask about traceability and how they control threats and vulnerabilities, but you still have to check for incidents of substitution or fraud.

Which clause are you trying to address?

I would also be looking at 1.1.4 'the effectiveness of the systems for HACCP ,food defence and authenticity

Thanks

Would adding a section for TACCP and VACCP on our existing SAQ be sufficient to meet the BRC standard V 8 .  Can anyone advise on this matter please. Thanks Adrian

This does seem to be a common approach, although your SAQ is presumably general to a production site, whereas TACCP and particularly VACCP will likely be specific to product / product group.

There are various ways to approach this though. We get drowned in questionnaires from customers asking for detailed information on lots of things, including horizon scanning, historical incidents etc. If you just want to tick the boxes for BRC then this appears to keep them and most of the retailers happy, although I'm still completely baffled as to how - if you ask an untrustworthy supplier what measures they take then why would they given you an honest answer?!

Have to confess that I feel this has become one of the worst areas of for pointless box-ticking and asking for paperwork for its own sake!

I'm not convinced that it isn't necessary to ask your suppliers for that much of this type of information. If you're looking at e.g. 5.4 (and 3.5.1) then this can be accomplished largely internally for many product types - as long as you understand your supply chains in a broad sense (i.e. potential weak points / vulnerabilities) and the ingredients then everything required in this section can be determined by you, without having to rely on the very same suppliers for whom you're trying to determine the risk status.

For 1.1.4 you're looking at a broader review, so this would be similar to HACCP - system performance, out of spec (adulterated/misbranded/substituted) products, complaints related to this area, whether your own VACCP/TACCP system has caught things before they became a problem / prevented malicious action etc.

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Supplier not providing TDS Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Emergency Supplier Approvals Supplier Questionaire Radiological Free statement from supplier