What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How long to keep product lab samples

Started by , Feb 11 2019 10:07 PM
2 Replies

Product lab samples - we make 2 samples for each product - one to keep and the other to send to a 3rd party lab for testing.

Question: How long do I need to keep product lab samples? (Ours is 2 years on products) I'm assuming the shelf-life of the product or do others keep it for less/longer.

Thanks in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats?
[Ad]

Product lab samples - we make 2 samples for each product - one to keep and the other to send to a 3rd party lab for testing.

Question: How long do I need to keep product lab samples? (Ours is 2 years on products) I'm assuming the shelf-life of the product or do others keep it for less/longer.

Thanks in advance.

Product = ?

Storage = ?

A textbook answer is probably beyond the shelf life period.

Product = ?

Storage = ?

Product: acidified sauces and a spice mix - plastic clear bottles, sealed samples.

Storage: On open shelves with no windows, room temperature

Similar Discussion Topics
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Intestines - Edible Meat Product? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed?