What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Metal Detection, recording deviations and corrections

Started by , Feb 12 2019 05:51 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

Metal detection is one of my critical control points.  I have a book that I log every time the metal detects anything.  I log what was found, if product was contaminated, disposition of product if so, immediate action taken, steps to prevent recurrence of deviation.  Then in my haccp plan I log any corrective actions needed (Operator did not perform enough checks, Metal detector became unplugged, Operator did not record checks properly, and corrective actions.  Do I have to record in my haccp book every time there is a metal hit if I record it in a separate book?

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects
[Ad]

Hello,

Metal detection is one of my critical control points.  I have a book that I log every time the metal detects anything.  I log what was found, if product was contaminated, disposition of product if so, immediate action taken, steps to prevent recurrence of deviation.  Then in my haccp plan I log any corrective actions needed (Operator did not perform enough checks, Metal detector became unplugged, Operator did not record checks properly, and corrective actions.  Do I have to record in my haccp book every time there is a metal hit if I record it in a separate book?

Thank you

No, as long as your HACCP plan book indicates that you have another controlled document/book/spread sheet that you are recording deviations and corrections, you should be fine. This is part of record keeping of your HACCP plan.

1 Thank

Hello,

Thank you

The text is a little confusing, Too many "books".

the haccp plan  is normally a separate, fixed, reference document often stored in a Haccp Manual M1, Not involved in "logging"  data.

The haccp plan's  "monitoring"  section should refer to a Form XYZ  which becomes a  Record XYZ. The latter are usually kept in a Binder B1.

Monitoring data for CCPs requires to be Verified which is usually included/ facilitated on the Form XYZ.

Any Defective data on Form XYZ requires raising another (cross-linked) Corrective Action Form/Record LMN which is usually kept in another Binder B2.

Corrective actions may require root analysis which sometimes is on same Form/Record LMN and sometimes on a separate Form/Record OPQ in another Binder B3

Hopefully not too many Forms/Records/Binders. :smile:

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects Metal detectable Infrared thermometer? Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Metal Detector Validation Can you get SQF Certification without a Metal Detector? Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches