What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hello

Started by , Feb 13 2019 08:27 PM
1 Reply

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I am an SQF practitioner (in training) for a plant that processes beans/peas/lentils/legumes. We do not grow or harvest, we stick strictly to processing operations (washing, conditioning, cooking, drying, blending, packing/labeling) We co-pack for many different brands, but currently do not have our own brand.

I created an account because I am working in a very small quality department (1 QA manager, 2 techs including myself), and we are in the process of obtaining SQF Food Safety certification. SQF/HACCP is very new to most of the people here, and although it is not new to me, I am sure I will second guess myself on a number of occasions where I will have to provide a justification for either doing something or not doing something. I definitely appreciate having a resource (you guys) to use for reassurance, interpretation of a code or regulation, or to help me solve a particular problem I may be struggling with.

Anyway, I am looking forward to reading some of the discussions on here and maybe even helping out with my own 10 years of QA/QC experience in the food/beverage/nutra/medical device industry.

-D

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Welcome dsnyder!

I was in a bean processing plant in Texas a couple of years ago (they also ran aluminum foil too, strange) and never saw so many beans in my life in one place.

Glenn

Similar Discussion Topics