What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Metal detection of metal packaging and components in finished product?

Started by , Feb 19 2019 10:16 AM
2 Replies

Morning everyone,

I have a question to ask. One of my NPD team would like to launch a new process with is a chocolate fondue kit. All the components are prepacked in their own formats and sit in a foil tray. The kit comes with a stainless steel fork.

Regarding Metal detection, how would I get around this if I have a stainless fork and foil tray? Am I not going to get issues with setting the metal detector off each time?

Does any one have experience of metal packaging and metal components in finished product?

Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects
[Ad]
It would be a two step process - the run thru would be components and then assembly would be on the other side of the metal detector.

Or you could go the route that a client packaging cheese and a metal cheese slicer together has done... x-ray.

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the comments. I guess for me, the only issue with a two step process would be managing the actual component process for metal detection.

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects Metal detectable Infrared thermometer? Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Metal Detector Validation Can you get SQF Certification without a Metal Detector? Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches