What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food industry working clothes standards

Started by , Feb 25 2019 10:43 AM
5 Replies

Hi respected members,

Greetings! I am new to this forum.  This is my first discussion

Basically i am a pharmacist worked with sterile products. Currently working as manager- production in food fortification sector (vitamin & mineral premix ).

Can you support me any standard reference for defining CFU per swab in working person cloths . We have in-house laundry. We want to qualify this process with some acceptable standards . Reference with other pharma standards generally recommends 50CFU/swab which is difficult to maintain in food industry because the laundry area is in un-clean zone.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6
[Ad]

Sounds like you should clean up your laundry area. 

Just to add more clarity, Our laundry is not a defined clean room. It is not supported with HEPA filters. But it will be subjected to normal cleaning and disinfection .

Hi respected members,

Greetings! I am new to this forum.  This is my first discussion

Basically i am a pharmacist worked with sterile products. Currently working as manager- production in food fortification sector (vitamin & mineral premix ).

Can you support me any standard reference for defining CFU per swab in working person cloths . We have in-house laundry. We want to qualify this process with some acceptable standards . Reference with other pharma standards generally recommends 50CFU/swab which is difficult to maintain in food industry because the laundry area is in un-clean zone.

can try this post -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ry/#entry122942

Thanks Mr.Charles,

Your reference given me the better insight 

Then we have to verify the 'commercially sterile' by swabbing . What will be limit for TMC ?

Thanks Mr.Charles,

Your reference given me the better insight 

Then we have to verify the 'commercially sterile' by swabbing . What will be limit for TMC ?

Commercially sterile invariably means from low to very low.

There are a variety of interpretations on this Forum (eg <10cfu to <100cfu)  but unfortunately most do not give the reference units, eg per cm2 or ? so not much use.

Some published data is in the 2nd/3rd files of this post. the expected values are "low" -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ing/#entry33629

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Repackaging of Food Grade product