What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Internal Audits - how much time do you spend?

Started by , Feb 27 2019 06:21 PM
4 Replies

Hi all! 

How long are you spending on your monthly internal system audits, monthly GMP/facility audits, and annual SQF system review audit?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist
[Ad]

At current post, it only takes me about 40 hours/year combined

However, at PP, it was 60% of my job..........large poultry facility with almost 400 employees from slaughter to finished goods of all kinds

so i was on the floor roughly 2 full days a week and at my desk the other 3

Small company here, probably at least 4hrs a month plus end of year system review which can take a full day.

Takes us 3 man hours / week for internal Lean audits (which cover most of section 11 requirements in SQF). 

It takes us roughly 40 man hours to audit all the SQF systems in entirety / year. 

Much has to do with size and scope of company. I have witnessed and participated in 10 min to 2 hour internals and 1 day to 3 day annual SQF system reviews.

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Unannounced Audit Time SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Internal Audit Assesment Will unannounced audits cause more people to leave the QA field?