What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can anyone show me an example of a product shelf life retention log?

Started by , Feb 28 2019 03:38 PM
10 Replies
This is for bread, baked goods and buns.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor?
[Ad]

This is for bread, baked goods and buns.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Saiyan,

Do you know what ^^^ actually means ?

Google zero hits for specific term.

This will all depend on your actual shelf life.

It can be as simple as a spreadsheet that looks something like this:

Sample        Date Produced      Shelf Life      Condition After Shelf Life

Since you are bread/buns/rolls. I'd assume your shelf life is probably not more than 14 days (unless frozen). 

Conditions could be something like "dry" "sticking" "mold" etc.

Marshall

Hi Marshall,

I was conflicted by "log" vs "retention". :smile:

I had guessed the "log" indicated some kind of monitoring summarization.

Time will (hopefully) tell.

Charles,

I suppose you could do a check at some pre-determined stage during the shelf life, depending what that shelf life is, to monitor it.

But in the world of bread, there is a pretty short shelf life..so verifying that the product does indeed reach it's sell by or use before date, without mold or hardness is pretty straight forward.

Marshall

Charles,

I suppose you could do a check at some pre-determined stage during the shelf life, depending what that shelf life is, to monitor it.

But in the world of bread, there is a pretty short shelf life..so verifying that the product does indeed reach it's sell by or use before date, without mold or hardness is pretty straight forward.

Marshall

Agreed except that I keep my bread for months. Slow eater.

Yikes :)

The things we make have about a 13 day shelf life when sold in retail stores... I guess if you wanted to eat after, that's fine, I just doe not want to see any customer complaints when the sell by date has been eclipsed :)

Marshall

Yikes :)

The things we make have about a 13 day shelf life when sold in retail stores... I guess if you wanted to eat after, that's fine, I just doe not want to see any customer complaints when the sell by date has been eclipsed :)

Marshall

I trust my refrigerator and the preservatives.

Extreme cases > toast admittedly demand some dental caution.

R_Saiyan, are you talking about a yearly shelf life validation or something like that?

For my chilled meat based products which have similar lives, 12/14/19. For the shelf life tests I send several portions to the lab and organise them to be tested on preselected dates which would match dates from cook & pack. So for a 14 day life I test on day 2, 6, 10, 13,14,15,17. So you can see the product is ok (hopefully) during the life and tests concentrated on the end life, with a test a few days after for good measure. We also conduct organoleptic tests on the same days with samples kept on site, and at the end file all lab certs and organoleptic sheets.

Hi

It will completely depend on your shelf life. Hold only quality refrigerator.

Hi R_saiyan,

Any more thoughts ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment