What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Controls required for a fully catered canteen on manufacturing site

Started by , Mar 18 2019 02:18 PM
1 Reply

Hello,

We are a polyethylene manufacturing company for food and non-food grade packaging.  

Forgive me if this has been asked numerous times before, couldn't find anything which is more relevant to our type of manufacturing.

We are about to go on a new adventure of introducing a fully catered restaurant on site. This will be looked after by a 3rd party caterer but have same access through staff entrance to bring their things in and out.

Wondering if you guys can share your expert opinion regarding the things I should be looking at? or any other questions you may have?

Kind Regards,

Compliance Guy!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Supply Chain Preventive Controls SQF Addendum - FDA Preventive Controls Audit Checklist Do we need to add plastic cat trap to our Glass and Brittle Plastic controls? FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis?
[Ad]

My concern would be the space of the site. Make sure it follows food safety rules. I would also check with your local food safety agency. In the USA for example, food manufacturing and food service establishments are under different jurisdictions and laws. Temperature of the items will be a concern if being held for a decent while. You might need a temperature log.

As for the caterer coming into your facility in the staff entrance, shouldn't be a big deal. Make sure they are aware of your visitor policy and have them sign in and out.

Similar Discussion Topics
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Supply Chain Preventive Controls SQF Addendum - FDA Preventive Controls Audit Checklist Do we need to add plastic cat trap to our Glass and Brittle Plastic controls? FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? Supplier is requiring us to show our hazard analysis preventive controls for Ingredient BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule New Tumbler Equipment sanitation, allergen cleaning, process controls, CCPS? Controls required when transporting materials between processing plant and warehouse Preventative Controls vs Controls