What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Using magnets with conveyor belts

Started by , Mar 19 2019 11:50 AM
2 Replies

Hi everyone

I am Laura from Sri Lanka.  I am working in spice processing industry. We do using magnet plates above the conveyor belts to remove iron particles. Please help me with proper procedure for cleaning and verification the magnets.

Thanks and best regards

Churu_Laural

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Magnets used in plastics packaging processing Magnets for food manufacturing Magnets as CCPs Metal detector conveyor stopped working Magnets monitoring in salt
[Ad]

With cleaning magnets we like to use a pressure washer first then use duct to pull off the rest, wash again, then sanitize.

I'm assuming you mean verification of the pull-strength? There are many pull-strength test kits available. We perform these pull-strength tests quarterly and replace when a magnet has lost 10% of its original strength.

2 Likes

With cleaning magnets we like to use a pressure washer first then use duct to pull off the rest, wash again, then sanitize.

I'm assuming you mean verification of the pull-strength? There are many 

available. We perform these pull-strength tests quarterly and replace when a magnet has lost 10% of its original strength.

hi Tspiekermeier, Thank you very much for sharing this information. I'm currently using very simple method as sending 1 kg of iron particles through magnets and check the wight of pulled iron particles by the magnets. I'd be much thankful if you can share more information on this.TIA

Similar Discussion Topics
Magnets used in plastics packaging processing Magnets for food manufacturing Magnets as CCPs Metal detector conveyor stopped working Magnets monitoring in salt Will bacteria grow on a modular conveyor? Do Rare Earth Magnets need recalibrating annually? Magnets less than 8000 Gauss BRCGS9- 4.10.4.1 Magnets Cover for conveyor motor and bearing in production area