What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is CCP in metal detecting?

Started by , Mar 20 2019 04:22 AM
4 Replies
My name is Cuong from VietNam. I have one question about metal detecting step. Let me explain about production process:
Semi-product >>> selecting>> packing in PE bag>> metal detecting by metal detector >>> x-ray detecting by x-ray detector>>> packing in carton.
What is CCP ? Metal detecting by metal detector or x-ray detector?
Metal detector with test pieces: Fe 1.5mm, sus 2.5, non-ferrous 2.2 mm
Xray detector with test pieces: sus ball 0.2 -0.8 mm, sus wire 0.2 - 0.8 mm, aluminium ball 1-5 mm, ceramic ball: 1 - 5 mm.
Please help me! Thank everyone

Gửi từ CPH1825 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects
[Ad]

Hai Cuong,

You have test probe for both detector.

Only think is what are the foreign matter to cause the health affect. That is need to eliminate.

Even 5mm alu ball can not cause any health effect, but 0.5 mm SUS wire can.

So that your X - Ray detector eliminate 100% of foreign matter which you are mentioned, directly go with X ray detector as a CCP.

For Metal Detector mentioned as oPRP.

Any one can suggest if more better.

Hi Tran cuong,

Product = ? Relevant Process equipment = ? Consumer = ?

So what is yr hazard ? "metal" ?

If it's ferrous metal, the X-ray appears unvalidated.? So any critical limit unknown.

if it's stainless steel, the x-ray appears more sensitive ? (I assume the quoted sensitivities are all validatable)

etc etc

In view of the current unknowns, I, offhand, suggest a combined CCP with Critical limits to be determined as per appropriate risk assessment.

If you wish to know how to select a "typical"  critical limit, see -

https://www.ifsqn.co...mits-for-metal/

1 Like

Hai Cuong,
You have test probe for both detector.

Only think is what are the foreign matter to cause the health affect. That is need to eliminate.

Even 5mm alu ball can not cause any health effect, but 0.5 mm SUS wire can.

So that your X - Ray detector eliminate 100% of foreign matter which you are mentioned, directly go with X ray detector as a CCP.

For Metal Detector mentioned as oPRP.

Any one can suggest if more better.

Thank you so much for your recommend.

Hi Tran cuong,

Product = ? Relevant Process equipment = ? Consumer = ?

So what is yr hazard ? "metal" ?

If it's ferrous metal, the X-ray appears unvalidated.? So any critical limit unknown.
if it's stainless steel, the x-ray appears more sensitive ? (I assume the quoted sensitivities are all validatable)
etc etc

In view of the current unknowns, I, offhand, suggest a combined CCP with Critical limits to be determined as per appropriate risk assessment.

If you wish to know how to select a "typical" critical limit, see -
https://www.ifsqn.co...mits-for-metal/

Yes. I already understand. Thank you so much.

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects Metal detectable Infrared thermometer? Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Metal Detector Validation Can you get SQF Certification without a Metal Detector? Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches