What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Tri-Sodium Citrate to correct the pH of a too acidic mixture

Started by , Mar 20 2019 06:17 AM
1 Reply

Good morning all! 

I was wondering whether one of you might be able to assist: We are busy with factory trials of a fermented maize drink and I would like to take some precautionary measures:

In the case of the pH of the final product being too low, what would you suggest can I add to increase the pH to the desired pH which will not have an effect on the flavor? I was thinking of using Tri-sodium citrate to increase the pH in case a situation like this does occur. Do any of you have experience with such a situation? Or any product you might suggest? 

TIA 

Anna :)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Sodium Metabisulphite: Food additive or processing aid in potato production? What is the correct order of sieve, magnet and metal detector? Supplier reducing sodium in product - still have old packaging film on hand
[Ad]

Here's a list of possibilities

https://www.canada.c...ing-agents.html

Similar Discussion Topics
BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Sodium Metabisulphite: Food additive or processing aid in potato production? What is the correct order of sieve, magnet and metal detector? Supplier reducing sodium in product - still have old packaging film on hand Sodium Hydroxide Lead Time in the UK Sodium Caseinate INS Number? Safe Levels of Sodium Metabisulfite Sodium content in water used as an ingredient Do I need to consider the sodium benzoate as one my CCPs