What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hello

Started by , Mar 21 2019 03:06 PM
2 Replies

Hello

I'm new to the forum so just saying hello. I'm a UK-based medicine graduate, working in the commercial laboratory/public health world. 

I'm primarily involved in food testing and allergens management, specifically allergens by ELISA and PCR and meat speciation by PCR. I also have an interest in Next Generation Sequencing when used as a food authenticity or investigative tool. I'm also very interested in research into levels of allergens needed to cause reactions in human and how these levels can be used to make informed decisions by food technical managers when presented with unexpected results.

If anybody would be interested to talk about any of these issues I'd love to receive a message and start a discussion!

Jordan Edridge

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Welcome Jordan

Hello Jordan

Allergens are a fascinating topic! I myself am interested in both the biological reactive processes and also the psychological aspect of allergens. I'm a graduate in public health nutrition and find it interesting how some people base dietary choices around certain allergens due to social reasons rather than a personal immune based necessity. I remember watching a documentary once that asked the UK public A. If they try to avoid goods with gluten? and B. What gluten is? The overwhelming response was A. "Yes" B. "err some type of fat?". Up to everyone what they eat of course I just find it curious to observe.

Welcome to the forum!

Similar Discussion Topics