What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can you advise me technology which decreases protein in poultry meat?

Started by , Mar 22 2019 09:51 AM
2 Replies
Hello, 

I know this is not this forum issue, but I need your help.

Can you advise me technology which decreases protein in poultry meat?  

We are using filet which has 22-24g protein. Processing plane is following, we thaw, mixing some ingredients,  after cutting like stripes, and drying 60-90 Celsius degree for 4h. In the final product, we have 60-62g protein, but we need a product which contains 52-58g protein. 

Can you advise me technology which helps to decrease protein in the finished product? 

I really need  you help. 

Thank you in advance. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Reworking Spoiled Pork Meat
[Ad]

You'll need to change the recipe, adding more of an ingredient with zero protein so you're finished product has a lower total protein. You cannot remove protein from meat

Agree with Scampi - you can't 'remove' protein from meat.
Protein is a key component of meat tissue and to decrease the percentage of protein in the product you will need to add something else containing non-protein nutrient i.e. carbohydrate or fat. Or just reduce the dehydration if feasible to the end product - higher proportion of water will reduce the proportion of protein.

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Reworking Spoiled Pork Meat Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? Meat Processing Garment Policy Pathogen Testing in a meat processing plant