What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it wrong to go over the dosage specified on the pesticide label?

Started by , Mar 23 2019 03:20 AM
9 Replies

Hi good day,

just wanted to asked if is it wrong not to follow what is on the pesticide product label? i mean the dosage rate in the product label is 20-40ml in 1 liter of diluent but i increased it to 50ml per 1 liter of diluent. (BTW the active ingredient is Lambda-cyhalothrin) did i violate anything???

thanks in advance.....

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Question about a Misleading label SQF 9 - Label Reconciliation Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 Allergen Label Checks In House Label Disfigurement Procedure
[Ad]

If you have to ask...yes of course you did, overuse of any pesticides is bad, period.

This is the gigantic issue here in Panama - Working on a project here and I am staying at a house in the middle of coffee country and just up the road is the biggest farming area for the entire country - and what is the big problem -- two things Monsanto and overuse of pesticides.  Thank Yah, there are some people operating farming operations here in Panama that get it, and started up what are now thriving organic farms run in greenhouses.

If you have to ask...yes of course you did, overuse of any pesticides is bad, period.

This is the gigantic issue here in Panama - Working on a project here and I am staying at a house in the middle of coffee country and just up the road is the biggest farming area for the entire country - and what is the big problem -- two things Monsanto and overuse of pesticides.  Thank Yah, there are some people operating farming operations here in Panama that get it, and started up what are now thriving organic farms run in greenhouses.

Right, it is not Good Agricultural Practice.

And it's poor employee health and safety practices

More very rarely equals better

If your pesticide isn't working, try another, and try non chemical deterrents as well 

Lambda-cyhalothrin Toxicity

Lambda-cyhalothrin is in EPA Toxicity Class II, where Class I is the most toxic and Class IV is the least toxic. Products containing Class II toxicity must include the signal word "WARNING" on the label. While lambda-cyhalothrin may be potentially harmful to people or pets if swallowed, it poses little threat when used strictly according to the product label. Always read the product label before applying pesticides

1 Thank
Hi,

A stronger dosage will not lead to the solution of pest problems. A more tactical approach is necessary to obtain the desired results.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

If your pesticide isn't working, try another, and try non chemical deterrents as well 

Lambda-cyhalothrin is in EPA Toxicity Class II, where Class I is the most toxic and Class IV is the least toxic. Products containing Class II toxicity must include the signal word "WARNING" on the label. While lambda-cyhalothrin may be potentially harmful to people or pets if swallowed, it poses little threat when used strictly according to the product label. Always read the product label before applying pesticides

thanks scampi

thank you all for your comments.

thanks scampi

Hi Scampi,

IMHO "little threat" is, offhand, a highly ambiguous statement. Hopefully quantified elsewhere in the text ?

Is this a standardized terminology system to classify risk from pesticides ?

Hi Scampi,

IMHO "little threat" is, offhand, a highly ambiguous statement. Hopefully quantified elsewhere in the text ?

Is this a standardized terminology system to classify risk from pesticides ?

It very much looks like Scampi quoted a label or text of some kind. I would say, yes, this is standard terminology.:)

According to the EPAlambda-cyhalothrin is classified as aClass II insecticide when it comes to toxicity. The way theEPA is rated, Class I is the most toxic and Class IV is the least toxicProducts containing Class II toxicity must include the signal word "WARNING" on the label.

http://npic.orst.edu...l_cyhalogen.pdf

That is correct Setanta.................see attached link for "actual" toxicity

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Question about a Misleading label SQF 9 - Label Reconciliation Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 Allergen Label Checks In House Label Disfigurement Procedure SQF 2.6.1.2 Product changeover and label reconciliation records Label for a product with multiple vendors How often is pesticide rotation required? Nutrition Information Update on the Label Any recommendations for a date label gun?