What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FDA Certificates for all Ingredients

Started by , Mar 23 2019 11:18 AM
2 Replies

Halo,

One of my importer is asking me about FDA Certificates for every ingredients that i used in my product. Actually, i'm not sure about FDA Certificate for ingredients/raw materials. My question, is it still comply if i give her BRC or FSSC Certificate instead of FDA certificate ?

Any help, information and guidance will be greatly appreciated :) 

Best !

Dafino

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Fraud - Underweight Raw Ingredients? Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials Listing Ingredients from multiple vendors Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold
[Ad]

Hi, Dafino;

Your importer is basing this on Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP), which is a risk based preventative controls methodology per CFR Title 21 Part 117. So, what they ask for is what they have determined to be critical for a foreign supplier approval. You will have to ask the importer if 3rd party audits meet their approval requirements.

Certificates for export are commonly issued by the FDA for foreign governments, essentially stating that this specific commodity meets regulatory controls. If the FDA inspects your facility, I can only assume that this should be issued. However I do not believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) this is based on a product and not its components. 

If the FDA has an MOU with your countries regulatory body, and you have evidence of compliance then this should be sufficient for approval (IMO).

I have attached some FDA guidance documents:

FSMA-FSVP coverage flowchart - v4-.pdf   68.29KB   26 downloads

FDA Export Guidance for Industry.pdf   25.49KB   20 downloads

2 Thanks

Thanks for the info and for the FDA Guidance documents. I will explain more about BRC/FSSC Certification to our importer.

Best !

Dafino

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Fraud - Underweight Raw Ingredients? Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials Listing Ingredients from multiple vendors Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold What documents are required for audit when Sourcing ingredients from wholesaler? Hazard Analysis and identification of raw material and ingredients Hazard Analysis of raw material ingredients Artificial and natural ingredients Microbial Limits for Ingredients or blends