What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it necessary to add new heat exchangers to my process flow chart?

Started by , Mar 25 2019 12:59 PM
5 Replies

Good afternoon family.

would it be necessary to add heat ex changers to my process flow chart if all it does is to bring down temperatures so as to enable better tempering?

Will appreciate it if i can get more clarity on this. Thanks.

Angie. :smile:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Packing process for a new beverage Process Authority Recommendations? Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?
[Ad]

Yes as your process after the heat exchanger will be dependent on how well it functions (assuming you will be adjusting your time constraints to speed up tempering)

EACH step of a process MUST be included in your flow chart.............you simply cannot address hazards when steps are omitted

Agree with Scampi here - definitely merits consideration as a step in its own right, if only so you can verify for yourself that you've got suitable controls in place. In addition to the sensible point regarding temperature and impact on subsequent processes, I'd possibly include physical integrity of the units and potentially also pressure differential in your hazard considerations. Hopefully these are already managed via a maintenance program and operating procedures, but it really doesn't hurt to check and document this in your HACCP plan.

It's very easy to say "it's just a heat exchanger" until it starts leaking poorly controlled glycol into your product and the high profile launch a new product has to be delayed... (not my site, but yes I can confirm that this can and does happen)

Add it in.

Yes as your process after the heat exchanger will be dependent on how well it functions (assuming you will be adjusting your time constraints to speed up tempering)

EACH step of a process MUST be included in your flow chart.............you simply cannot address hazards when steps are omitted

Thanks. this is helpful.

Agree with Scampi here - definitely merits consideration as a step in its own right, if only so you can verify for yourself that you've got suitable controls in place. In addition to the sensible point regarding temperature and impact on subsequent processes, I'd possibly include physical integrity of the units and potentially also pressure differential in your hazard considerations. Hopefully these are already managed via a maintenance program and operating procedures, but it really doesn't hurt to check and document this in your HACCP plan.

It's very easy to say "it's just a heat exchanger" until it starts leaking poorly controlled glycol into your product and the high profile launch a new product has to be delayed... (not my site, but yes I can confirm that this can and does happen)

thanks pHruit..appreciate it.

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Packing process for a new beverage Process Authority Recommendations? Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Requirements for Work In Process WIP Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Help with Process Development for Dressings, Sauce, Dips Plant Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control