What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Packaging or Storage and Distribution?

Started by , Apr 02 2019 05:13 PM
7 Replies

Hi, so I started an internship in a warehouse facility of food packaging and they want to begin the process of SQF certification but I´m not sure which one applies or if there´s another one like BRC that we can opt to get.

So here´s the thing, we do no manufacture the products, so I thought we couldn’t get the SQF Packaging, and we are not a Storage and Distribution of food products since its just food packaging so I´m not sure if this is the one that applies the most?

But there´s some requirements that don’t apply to us in the last one, since the process is just getting the goods in, storage, picking and dispatch.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, any help will be appreciated!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Distribution in Allergen Management Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods
[Ad]

There is no SQF FSC that applies to your facility.  

Unless of course your high-ups that want SQF certification are planning on also storing and distributing food products - this is what one of our clients in the states did and then it would fall under food storage category for SQF,

I would go to the one or ones that want SQF and ask them about future plans or something in the works otherwise.  If not, then it is not SQF.,

Glenn,

Won't they fall under FSC:25;

25 Repackaging of products not manufactured on site / Module 11: GMP for processing of food products

25 would apply if they were dealing with food. We had one last year that did the exact same thing - storing and shipping packaging and then decidedelete to add some pass thrus on food and only then could they go SQF. We did a check with SQFI prior to the food and it was a no go. But now with food they are a storage and distribution client and have passed their SQF audit.
1 Like
Note to admin... your spell check leaves a lot to be desired.

There is no SQF FSC that applies to your facility.  

Unless of course your high-ups that want SQF certification are planning on also storing and distributing food products - this is what one of our clients in the states did and then it would fall under food storage category for SQF,

I would go to the one or ones that want SQF and ask them about future plans or something in the works otherwise.  If not, then it is not SQF.,

We are not planning on storing food products in the future. 

If there’s not an SQF FSC that applies, does anyone know if another certification applies? 

Looks like your only options are BRC and IFS logistics

1 Thank

IFS would fit well - ok, that's a bias as we consult on IFS, but I see more companies in LATAM going with IFS instead of BRC.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Distribution in Allergen Management Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging