What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can you do micro test on luncheon meat in plastic bag?

Started by , Apr 16 2019 11:17 PM
4 Replies

Good day! I would like to ask if it is possible to test the luncheon meat stored in a resealable plastic bag after four days?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits
[Ad]

Good day! I would like to ask if it is possible to test the luncheon meat stored in a resealable plastic bag after four days?

H cristajoyce,

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Why do you think it might not be possible ?

Hi Cristajoyce,

What test(s) you are intended to do?

Are you talking about the product that opened to take a sample and resealed to use again?

Hi Cristajoyce,

I don't see why not, as long as the sample is properly sealed and sent. Or are you querying whether the meat is able to be tested specifically four days after the lab receives it? Best check with the lab to confirm (assuming you're testing externally)

Hi, not so sure I get it but, If you transferred the meat from its original container to a resealable plastic bag for testing, then you have to make sure this bag is sterile and that you collected the sample under aseptic conditions.

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Reworking Spoiled Pork Meat