What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Grade Oil Spray Pump

Started by , Apr 25 2019 01:11 PM

I think you'll have to have one built custom for your purposes.

Classic Stand N spray are designed for water based liquids. this mean the body of the pressure vessel, the internal diameter of the pipes, the pressure rating are chosen to work well with liquids as or nearly as viscous as water.

Vegetable oil is significantly more viscous than water. As example, olive oil @68F has a viscosity of 84mPa*s, where water at the same temperature has a viscosity of 1mPa*s. https://physics.info/viscosity/

In order for vegetable oil to spray, you'll need to raise the pressure and temperature inside the vessel, far above to what I would consider ''safe'' in a plastic stand N spray.

Hot oil loves plastics and it will infiltrate through and softens it, (even teflon has limits!) leaching plastifiers and staining it. Cleaning and sanitation will be a nightmare.

So yeah...look for one made out of stainless steel just to be safe!

2 Replies

Hello,

I am looking for basically a stand 'N spray pump like you use for weed killer, fertilizer, etc. but food grade.  I was hoping somebody here would know where I can find one if there is such a thing.  I need it for spraying vegetable oil.  

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Repackaging of Food Grade product
[Ad]

I think you'll have to have one built custom for your purposes.

Classic Stand N spray are designed for water based liquids. this mean the body of the pressure vessel, the internal diameter of the pipes, the pressure rating are chosen to work well with liquids as or nearly as viscous as water.

Vegetable oil is significantly more viscous than water. As example, olive oil @68F has a viscosity of 84mPa*s, where water at the same temperature has a viscosity of 1mPa*s. https://physics.info/viscosity/

In order for vegetable oil to spray, you'll need to raise the pressure and temperature inside the vessel, far above to what I would consider ''safe'' in a plastic stand N spray.

Hot oil loves plastics and it will infiltrate through and softens it, (even teflon has limits!) leaching plastifiers and staining it. Cleaning and sanitation will be a nightmare.

So yeah...look for one made out of stainless steel just to be safe!

1 Thank

We found a stainless steal one that works great.  

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Repackaging of Food Grade product As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6