What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

2.3.4 Contract Manufacturers

Started by , Apr 26 2019 02:52 PM
2 Replies

We are what was formerly called SQF Level 3 facility. Our owner is looking at a contract manufacturer for one of our products (he actually has a trial planned next week he just told me about). The site is BRC Certified Grade AA. What do I need to look at in order to comply with 2.3.4 for both the food manufacturing and quality code? Is BRC equivalent to SQF? Should I certify them as I would certify a supplier? Etc.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Contract Manufacturers FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6 Trading Company Contract Example SQF 2.3.3.2 - Contract Manufacturer Compliance SQF Compliance
[Ad]

Provide your company product specifications to contract manufacturer. If the site is already BRC certified it already in compliance to food safety agreements. You can do a contract to specify how  the product should be made. You can still do a yearly audit of the company if you want. I would do a review to ensure that the contract manufacturer is meeting the product .specifications. BRC is equivalent to SQF. 

1 Thank

Your contract manufacturer (they make the product and package it in your packaging - so that for all intents and purposes the product is seen as coming from you) is required to be similar certified as your company - and they are with BRC.  They will need to provide you with a full copy of their most recent BRC audit and then follow your SOP for contract suppliers.

Similar Discussion Topics
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Contract Manufacturers FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6 Trading Company Contract Example SQF 2.3.3.2 - Contract Manufacturer Compliance SQF Compliance Contract Service Providers - who exactly falls under this category? SAQ for Contract Service Suppliers Facility Registration for a Brand utilizing co-manufacturers and third-party distributors SQF 2.3.3.2 - High Risk co-manufacturers - confirm compliance with the SQF Food Safety Code Guide to Inspections of Low Acid Canned Food Manufacturers