What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

According to BRC Issue 8 what should environmental monitoring include?

Started by , May 01 2019 04:53 AM
3 Replies

Good  morning,

someone  can  explain me:    If    the environmental monitoring plan according to BRC 8 it concerns the raw materials, or the finished products, or the work environment, or the members of the staff or all that?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ceiling issue fix Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Assessing the need for zoning and Enviromental monitoring
[Ad]

Hi Mouradtalbi,

Environmental monitoring as per BRC is concerned with the "work environment". The interpretation guide for section 4.11.8 reads:

The aim of the environmental monitoring programme is to identify any potential risks in the production and open-product areas so that they can be appropriately managed and prevented from becoming the source of product contamination (which could lead to non-conforming product, a customer complaint or other incidents)."

Your requirements including sampling frequency and target pathogens will depend on your product and process so a risk assessment will be necessary.

Have a read of clauses 4.11.8.1, 4.11.8.2 and 4.11.8.3 on pages 37 and 38 of the standard.

I'd highly recommend getting the BRC Food Safety v.8 Interpretation Guide if you don't already have one, it has a lot of handy information and guidance on the standard and the requirements. Environmental monitoring is detailed on pages 115-116 of the guidance book. 

1 Thank

Hi Mouradtalbi,

Environmental monitoring as per BRC is concerned with the "work environment". The interpretation guide for section 4.11.8 reads:

The aim of the environmental monitoring programme is to identify any potential risks in the production and open-product areas so that they can be appropriately managed and prevented from becoming the source of product contamination (which could lead to non-conforming product, a customer complaint or other incidents)."

Your requirements including sampling frequency and target pathogens will depend on your product and process so a risk assessment will be necessary.

Have a read of clauses 4.11.8.1, 4.11.8.2 and 4.11.8.3 on pages 37 and 38 of the standard.

I'd highly recommend getting the BRC Food Safety v.8 Interpretation Guide if you don't already have one, it has a lot of handy information and guidance on the standard and the requirements. Environmental monitoring is detailed on pages 115-116 of the guidance book. 

Thank you

Where can I find or download the BRC Food Safety v.8 interpretation guide?

Thank you

Where can I find or download the BRC Food Safety v.8 interpretation guide?

The Interpretation Guide is available on the BRC bookshop site, linked below, for £125. There is no free version I'm aware of, however I'd say it is well worth the investment if you are implementing/maintaining the standard.

https://www.brcgsboo...line/c-24/p-459

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Ceiling issue fix Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Assessing the need for zoning and Enviromental monitoring Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Objective monitoring Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility