What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Seeking corrective actions for high E.Coli result

Started by , May 06 2019 12:22 AM
3 Replies
Hi all, what are the corrective actions for a higher count of E.coli more than what standard require in leafy salads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training
[Ad]

Hi all, what are the corrective actions for a higher count of E.coli more than what standard require in leafy salads?

I presume you are referring to finished product data and generic E.coli.

Depending on the specific (unknown) context/data I can, offhand, think of several possibilities -

(1) Reduce level of E.coli in raw material(s).

(2) Increase the effectiveness of the anti-microbial step in  yr process.

(3) improve the environmental sanitation conditions.

(4) Reduce cross-contamination from other process materials.

(5) reduce the temperature of the process environment.

Personally i would first investigate the raw materials and, if OK, then do some risk analysis of yr process.

1 Like
Thank you

do you sanitize the vegetables in-house? Was the right concentration of sanitizer used?

Was this a recurring issue or just one off?

Similar Discussion Topics
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training Seeking US based FDA recognized LACF process authority? Bag opening: Seeking alternatives to knives. Seeking pest frequency risk assessment template Seeking a company that completes magnet pull strength tests on the east coast? Seeking information on setting up a cola carbonated drink factory