What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

ISO 22000 for secondary packaging?

Started by , May 10 2019 08:01 AM
1 Reply

Hi all

Am new here & to ISO 22000 so I appreciate all the assistance I can get. 

My client is a manufacturer of secondary packaging (no direct food contact) & has implemented ISO 9001. They are now wanting to implement ISO 22000. With the the research that I have done, I feel that it's not necessary to implement ISO 22000 and that they should rather add the risks (e.g. rodents, hygiene) to the ISO 9001 risk register.

Please can I get some guidance on whether my thought process is correct?

Many thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging
[Ad]

Hi

Depends what you mean by 'no direct food contact'. This is a discussion we have with our customers (food producers) all the time. There may not be physical contact between the packaging and the food but it may share the same air space and so contamination could still occur.

We manufacture solid board printed cartons for food use and I think the term 'direct food contact' is becoming redundant.

If food is involved then certain standards should be applied. I am not familiar with ISO 22000 as we have BRC but could your client replace 9001 with 22000?

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Steamed dumpling packaging Magnets used in plastics packaging processing Food Contact Packaging Letter of Guarantee Example Packaging manufacturing and tape. Is touching boxes and par cooked bacon allowed while scaling and packaging?