What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Documentation - records requirements ?

Started by , May 14 2019 08:03 PM
5 Replies

I'm starting to build my companies SQF program and came across clause 2.2.3.3--Records--"Records shall be readily accessible, retrievable, securely stored to prevent damage an deterioration and shall be retained in accordance with periods specified by a customer or regulations." 

Two questions:

1. Is it permissible to scan records and documentation and save the image on a computer?
  2. If it is not permissible to scan records and documentation, how long does the physical copy need to be kept? 

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging
[Ad]

I'm starting to build my companies SQF program and came across clause 2.2.3.3--Records--"Records shall be readily accessible, retrievable, securely stored to prevent damage an deterioration and shall be retained in accordance with periods specified by a customer or regulations." 

Two questions:

1. Is it permissible to scan records and documentation and save the image on a computer?
  2. If it is not permissible to scan records and documentation, how long does the physical copy need to be kept? 

Yes, you are able to scan them and save them this way. As for length of time per regulations - 2 years in the US.

1 Thank

length MAY be longer if your product has a really long shelf  (canned anything, dried spices etc) SQF exceeds federal requirements

If keeping scanned documents only, you will need physical back-ups and a trusted server.  I scan everything as my back-up and keep physical copies for three years.  Still need to work on getting one of those fireproof filing cabinets though.  

Yes you can scan them.

And the length of hold is based on your own customer requirements and regulations if they apply to your company.

We have several clients that have large customers that require they keep records, etc for upwards of 7 years and local regulation for 2 years, thus they hold everything for 7 years prior to purge off the system.

1 Like

Two questions:

So what does the Guidance say ??

Similar Discussion Topics
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Lost 3 months of work updating documentation Requirements for Work In Process WIP Requirements for packaging SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Requirements - Pest Control