What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

In GFSI standards is it mandatory to do TACCP & VACCP with CCP’s

Started by , May 19 2019 02:36 PM
3 Replies

According IFS6.1  and  BRC8 it is  mandatory   (requirement) to do TACCP (food  defense) and VACCP (Food fraud) with  CCP  and  critic limit  or  just we create vulnerability mitigation  plan after doing evaluation of  vulnerability 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
My Perspective on Food Safety: The Role of CEN European Standards How do you feel about the effectiveness of unannounced audits in upholding GFSI standards? VACCP and TACCP template required Understanding Standards on Food Allergens: Protecting Consumers and Ensuring Safety What are the main differences between BRC and IFS Food standards?
[Ad]

It may depend on what you mean by "vulnerability mitigation plan".
One of the problems with VACCP, TACCP, threat, food defence etc is that unlike HACCP there is no specific definition, so the terms mean different things to different people...

BRC Issue 8 does require a documented risk assessment for site security / food defence and a documented vulnerability assessment for food fraud, but these could take several different forms and approaches. Certainly there would be no necessity for the systems to have CCPs as such.

It may depend on what you mean by "vulnerability mitigation plan".
One of the problems with VACCP, TACCP, threat, food defence etc is that unlike HACCP there is no specific definition, so the terms mean different things to different people...

BRC Issue 8 does require a documented risk assessment for site security / food defence and a documented vulnerability assessment for food fraud, but these could take several different forms and approaches. Certainly there would be no necessity for the systems to have CCPs as such.

thank you so much

I share this same opinion too

This is my opinion and others may disagree:

A CCP in a HACCP plan is a point in your process where you know you are going to have contamination normally present and you have adequate, documented and recorded controls to remove the contamination or reduce it to an acceptable level.

The confusion about CCP's applying to all control programs, I think, is that people mean "important" or "required" when they use the word "critical".

Food Defense and Food Fraud are important prerequisite programs.  They cover a lot of different operations and locations.  There is not just one activity (control) at one location that removes contamination or reduces the risk.

Similar Discussion Topics
My Perspective on Food Safety: The Role of CEN European Standards How do you feel about the effectiveness of unannounced audits in upholding GFSI standards? VACCP and TACCP template required Understanding Standards on Food Allergens: Protecting Consumers and Ensuring Safety What are the main differences between BRC and IFS Food standards? How should very small manufacturers address food safety standards with limited resources? Are Shorts Permitted Under BRC Standards for Packaging Facilities? How has GFSI certification impacted your company’s business? Are there any food safety standards or guidelines for Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables? New Consultation Opens for GFSI Benchmarking Requirements v2024