What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is this Cod raw or cooked but refrigerated?

Started by , May 24 2019 09:59 PM
4 Replies
I microwaved this cod (attached picture) my friend gave me, for a few minutes, but it only dawned on me that I never asked him if it was pre-cooked or not. I put the cod in my fridge, then a few hours after I microwaved it for a few minutes and ate it.

Is this cod raw or cooked? 

If raw, how long until I become violently ill? P.s. i am feeling fine and myself at the moment. Just a bit worried in the head is all.

My friend is a chef and I just naturally assumed it was just leftovers from today.

Thanks in Advance. Appreciate you advice.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care Is touching boxes and par cooked bacon allowed while scaling and packaging? Fully cooked chicken zone decision Pasteurized Canned Refrigerated Crab Meat Transitioning from hot fill to cold fill for Low acid refrigerated dairy product
[Ad]

I microwaved this cod (attached picture) my friend gave me, for a few minutes, but it only dawned on me that I never asked him if it was pre-cooked or not. I put the cod in my fridge, then a few hours after I microwaved it for a few minutes and ate it.

Is this cod raw or cooked? 

If raw, how long until I become violently ill? P.s. i am feeling fine and myself at the moment. Just a bit worried in the head is all.

My friend is a chef and I just naturally assumed it was just leftovers from today.

Thanks in Advance. Appreciate you advice.

There is no picture.

I suggest you  contact yr friend the chef before worrying further.

There is no picture.

I suggest you  contact yr friend the chef before worrying further.

Attachment does not seem to work. I also put it on imgur and linked it.

My friend is in deep sleep atm as he had a very busy day let alone week. So long story short I can't get a hold of him,

Normally raw/undercooked fish has a different taste/texture to fully cooked.

Fairly unmistakeable.

Hopefully it was too hot to touch from yr microwave + steam evident

microwave can cook meat..... that is the basis on a lot of tupperware products

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care Is touching boxes and par cooked bacon allowed while scaling and packaging? Fully cooked chicken zone decision Pasteurized Canned Refrigerated Crab Meat Transitioning from hot fill to cold fill for Low acid refrigerated dairy product Risks of non ready to eat product that is not refrigerated HACCP plan for cooked meals Could foods home cooked with oil be stored in the fridge for more than four days? Design of Refrigerated Storage Help with raised micro issues on cooked meat