What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Labelling for drink samples containing a supplement?

Started by , May 30 2019 02:48 PM
2 Replies

My small company is planning on attending a local event and we would like to hand out free samples of a drink mix containing fresh fruit powders and a nutritional supplement. These small sample packages will be used solely to advertise the supplement in them and will never be sold as a full product and are not for resale. Does anyone have any experience with this? Are there any specific label requirements for test/ sample products? Also, are there any FDA or USDA regulations to abide by when handing out free samples? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Labelling af flavor in the US Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Sales samples labelling Potassium salt labelling Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance
[Ad]

I've seen a couple of clients do this and all of them labeled the sample pack as they would the normal package with of course changes, etc as to content weight, size, etc.  And a disclaimer added by all is NOT FOR RETAIL SALE - SAMPLE ONLY.  The issue is the person can walk away from the hand-out and what happens if there is an ingredient that causes an issue etc.

1 Like1 Thank

I've seen a couple of clients do this and all of them labeled the sample pack as they would the normal package with of course changes, etc as to content weight, size, etc.  And a disclaimer added by all is NOT FOR RETAIL SALE - SAMPLE ONLY.  The issue is the person can walk away from the hand-out and what happens if there is an ingredient that causes an issue etc.

I appreciate that information, thanks for your input!

Similar Discussion Topics
Labelling af flavor in the US Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Sales samples labelling Potassium salt labelling Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance FDA Labelling Requirements for non consumers packages Storage Instructions on Labelling May Contain Tree Nuts - Plain English Allergen Labelling Labelling Verification Plan UK over-labelling requirements