What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is there a rapid yeast and mold test available?

Started by , May 30 2019 03:01 PM
6 Replies

hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a quicker test for yeast/mold out there?

Quicker than 48 hours

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test?
[Ad]

I only know of the rapid 2 day Y/M test. If there is a quicker test, I would love to know as well.

Visual.

Is the product solid or liquid?
For the latter you could look at some of the rapid flow cytometry systems.

For your cheese?

https://www.hygiena....d.html#benefits

This says "same day results for direct testing", also:

• Clear yes-or-no results in as little as 6 hours for highly contaminated samples; 50 hours for most other matrices

Then again if it's only useful for rapid testing on highly contaminated samples and provides a yes/no only, I imagine you could conclude that visually :huh: 

Anyway, may be worth a look or enquiring with Hygiena, I use them for ATP and Listeria snap swabbing and they're quite helpful.

yes it is for my cheese company. :)

thank you zanorias

I will look into that.

I like hygiena also. I used them at my other company. I loved their ATP machine.

I was thinking...you can't really "rush" yeast and mold growth. Or any microorganisms.

I'm sure like most people's bosses..they want results like ASAP!

Thanks for your help guys!

Jiljil :)

I was thinking...you can't really "rush" yeast and mold growth. Or any microorganisms.  

Indeed; I'm sure with technological advancements in future there will become available quicker detection and analysis methods. Though I imagine if, say, a 3 hour comprehensive test is available, the company seniors will then be asking if a 30 minute test exists.

I'm sure like most people's bosses..they want results like ASAP! 

Bosses wanting everything and immediately - sounds about right :whistle:

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? Mold growth under large batch tanks If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing PAA test strips not matching titration results