What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Whay type of risks to consider for Malicious contamination?

Started by , Jun 03 2019 02:27 AM
10 Replies

Pl. can any brief the malicious contamination what type of risk will cover in this ,  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Pl. can any brief the malicious contamination what type of risk will cover in this ,  

Sorry but the meaning is unclear.

Please clarify yr question.

I suppose you are referring to  "Intentional Adulteration" ? 

It's similar to Food Fraud: You have to consider Opportunity (when and where a disgruntled employee or someone upstream might have access to the raw materials or the finished product), Ease of obtaining the adulterant (for example, a locally available pesticide or even worse, a dangerous chemical stored unsecured in your facility), Cost (of the adulterant, one can imagine that it is easier to obtain strychnine than a radioactive substance), Motivation (typically revenge), and your facility's lack of Control Measures (such as Food Defense and Testing).

1 Thank

I suppose you are referring to  "Intentional Adulteration"

Thanks , Can you brief this , what type of international adulteration , Please . Guide it should be assessed  under TACCP or HACCP 

It's similar to Food Fraud: You have to consider Opportunity (when and where a disgruntled employee or someone upstream might have access to the raw materials or the finished product), Ease of obtaining the adulterant (for example, a locally available pesticide or even worse, a dangerous chemical stored unsecured in your facility), Cost (of the adulterant, one can imagine that it is easier to obtain strychnine than a radioactive substance), Motivation (typically revenge), and your facility's lack of Control Measures (such as Food Defense and Testing).

Thank You very much , Hank Major for your valuable suggestion , should it be Assessed under TACCP assessments in Food Processing chain ??

I want to know , which type of adulteration of this ?? Or which type of risk is cover under this ??

I want to know , which type of adulteration of this ?? Or which type of risk is cover under this ??

BRC definition -

Malicious contamination - Deliberate contamination of a product or raw material with the intention to cause harm to the consumer or damage to the company or brand owner.

Also see -

https://www.ifsqn.co...taccp-or-haccp/

1 Like1 Thank

I'm not really sure if it is TACCP or HACCP, or if that even matters.

May be U need to develop procedure on Food defense along with a self inspection checklist. In which u have to conduct TACCP- Threat assessment and critical control point similar to HACCP. Make mitigation plans for the possibilities of occurrence of intentional adulteration, threats, food fraud etc.

1 Thank

I would include in both TACCP and HACCP.  It could be intentional contamination with microbiological (e.g. faecal matter), chemical, (e.g. cleaning chemicals), allergens (e.g. nuts) or physical (e.g. glass).

Your control measures could be an empty pocket policy which is regularly audited, locked chemicals, nut free site, CCTV etc.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics