What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 2.3.1, Product for storage and distribution

Started by , Jun 17 2019 03:12 PM
2 Replies

Hi to everyone, 

I am working on creating SOP'S before our desk audit and I need so much help to understand this. our SQF food safety code falls under storage and distribution. I need help with understanding product for storage and distribution 2.3.1. we are a low risk and only store away products and are considered a freezer. we do not do production of any type or pack. Can someone please explain to me what can I do or an example .

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Distribution in Allergen Management Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product
[Ad]

Is the entire building a freezer - does product arrive in a frozen state, or does your company freeze and hold product for distribution.  ?  Do you act a pass-thru only, as in pallet of product in and the same pallet out - or do you ship partials?  

1 Like

the entire buidling is a freezer, its 75% FROZEN and the rest some times comes in a cold temp but not considered frozen and we charge extra fee for freezing the product. we receive product on a pallet and depending the client we can send the whole pallet just how it came in or we can dispatch partials per clients request. we receive everything in boxes . we never open boxes. the pallet can have 90 and the client may request us to dispatch only ten (example).

Similar Discussion Topics
Distribution in Allergen Management Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility?