What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Packaging version 5 Quality Manual

Started by , Jun 27 2019 03:44 PM
4 Replies

Hi! I'm new to the froum, nice to meet everybody , I'm learing a lot with your experience.

Im currently working on getting an ISO9001 plant to get certified on BRC version 5 for packaging and packaging materials, i was wondering if someone has worked on this transition and if they made a Quality and Safety Manual or they merged ISO with the BRC Manual?  If so, it would be nice if someone could share some examples.

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water
[Ad]

Hi Chimique,

• a nice guide on ISO 9001:2015 & BRC pack ver. 5 :"P556: ISO 9001: 2015 to Issue 5 upgrade tool"...u can check it out in the web
  • better keep the same manual-coding, and amend/edit according to  BRC requirements

Best

L.

Hi! I'm new to the froum, nice to meet everybody , I'm learing a lot with your experience.

Im currently working on getting an ISO9001 plant to get certified on BRC version 5 for packaging and packaging materials, i was wondering if someone has worked on this transition and if they made a Quality and Safety Manual or they merged ISO with the BRC Manual?  If so, it would be nice if someone could share some examples.

Thank you!

See this thread for some opinions -

https://www.ifsqn.co...y-manual-query/

There is a sample integrated quality manual for iso9001/brc5 FOOD on this forum (somewhere)

Hi,

I find the BRC for Packaging more prescriptive than the ISO90001. I am working the other way round. We already have BRC 5 and are working towards ISO9001

I agree with the other comments. Find the gaps and address them. They will be mainly around section 2 HACCP, (similar to FMEA if you do that already) but safety and hygiene has a thread through out all clauses i.e. glass, sharps in section 4, allergens, staff controls in section 6 etc.

Once you have done all that don't forget that the BRC 5 is moving to BRC 6 in August so you will be audited to that for your initial audit. be sure to hold of a copy of that and upgrade the gaps. 

I appreciate all your comments! :rock:

I found the P556 tool it helped me a lot through the transition.

Have a great day and may the force be with us!

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Steamed dumpling packaging Magnets used in plastics packaging processing From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced