What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Best material for spray nozzle array to wash down a cup conveyor belt

Started by , Jun 27 2019 10:11 PM
2 Replies

I am looking to create a spray nozzle array to wash down a cup conveyor belt line. Could I make the pipping out of pvc? Or does it need to be stainless steel? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Use of confirmed OOS material in other projects Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling ISO Egg Wash Substitute for Bread Manufacturing Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material
[Ad]

I am looking to create a spray nozzle array to wash down a cup conveyor belt line. Could I make the pipping out of pvc? Or does it need to be stainless steel? 

Hi kevinkt

I don't see why not, as long as long at the material you use is:

inert when in contact with your cleaning chemicals

firmly attached & will withstand flow rate and water pressure when in operation

can be easily cleaned 

the condition checked periodically to ensure no damage (foreign body hazard) and a corrective action protocol if damage is observed

If you have very picky customers it might be an idea to obtain a statement from supplier regarding suitability for food industry - most suppliers will be happy to supply this & obviously spares, so that if the hose becomes damaged you will easily be able to replace.

1 Like

Check also with any relevant requirements if you are part of a scheme, there will likely be clauses on materials and specific requirements

Similar Discussion Topics
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Use of confirmed OOS material in other projects Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling ISO Egg Wash Substitute for Bread Manufacturing Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material Approved Grade A Tanker wash stations in CA Mixed Pallet - Raw Material Control of Foreign Material from Carton Box Hand Wash Water Temperatures Hazard Analysis and identification of raw material and ingredients