What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for fresh fruit grower and packer

Started by , Jun 28 2019 10:01 PM
6 Replies

We grow, pack, and sell our own organic produce. I am currently having trouble developing our food fraud program, and thinking of potential food fraud risks. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get started? We are certified by Primus. Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of Primus, but there is some general detail in this thread about potential VACCP considerations for whole fruit, so I'll refer you there rather than re-typing it all!

https://www.ifsqn.co...-as-ingredient/

If you're only packing your own fruit then I don't see why you can't still consider the same potential risks - e.g. substitution of organic with non-organic, of claimed varieties with cheaper varieties if relevant etc., but you will (hopefully!) also be able to justify that all of the risks are extremely low, as you are in direct control of the whole supply chain up to point of pack.

Food fraud assessment shouldn't be about finding a way to make something look like a risk IMO - instead it is about going through the process to consider the risks and making sure you're able to manage them, and it sounds like you're in a relatively fortunate position in this respect!

1 Like

Do you accept any produce from outside for packing?

I tried to edit my entry above to add - but I could not - so I add here:

Do you use outsider contractors to pick your crops?

Thank you so much! This helped give me some ideas on what I need to consider.

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of Primus, but there is some general detail in this thread about potential VACCP considerations for whole fruit, so I'll refer you there rather than re-typing it all!

https://www.ifsqn.co...-as-ingredient/

If you're only packing your own fruit then I don't see why you can't still consider the same potential risks - e.g. substitution of organic with non-organic, of claimed varieties with cheaper varieties if relevant etc., but you will (hopefully!) also be able to justify that all of the risks are extremely low, as you are in direct control of the whole supply chain up to point of pack.

Food fraud assessment shouldn't be about finding a way to make something look like a risk IMO - instead it is about going through the process to consider the risks and making sure you're able to manage them, and it sounds like you're in a relatively fortunate position in this respect!

Yes, we use outside contractors as well as our own employees to pick our crop. 

I tried to edit my entry above to add - but I could not - so I add here:

Do you use outsider contractors to pick your crops?

We grow, pack, and sell our own organic produce. I am currently having trouble developing our food fraud program, and thinking of potential food fraud risks. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get started? We are certified by Primus. Thank you!

Hi cluna,

None of the contents may apply to you but you mind find the attachment (and thread) in this (Primus) post of interest -

https://www.ifsqn.co...on/#entry137776

PS - just noticed you have recently posted in same thread !!!!

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces