What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to prevent rust in cans after sterilization?

Started by , Jul 04 2019 11:47 AM
19 Replies

I detected small spots of rust on cans after sterilization exactly in the easy open - now I want to solve this problem, who to get cans without rust after sterilization?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How can I check good sterilization? Water used for Steam Sterilization Shelf life of black olives thermally sealed in cans with no preservatives How to mitigate or prevent Frost on Spiral Freezer entrance? Milk Use in Greenhouses to Prevent Plant Pathogens
[Ad]

I detected small spots of rust on cans after sterilization exactly in the easy open - now I want to solve this problem, who to get cans without rust after sterilization?

Have you talked to your supplier about it? You should first contact whoever supplied those to you and let them know of the problem as a first step.

Apply food grade lacquer around the seam soon after seaming before sterilization, it will avoid rust spots
Rust spots may be due to scratches on the rollers of seaming machine, check it and if u find such scratches get it rectified from ur maintenance team.

Regards
Mahantesh

Sent from my Redmi Y1 using Tapatalk

Apply food grade lacquer around the seam soon after seaming before sterilization, it will avoid rust spots
Rust spots may be due to scratches on the rollers of seaming machine, check it and if u find such scratches get it rectified from ur maintenance team.

Regards
Mahantesh

Regards
Mahantesh

hi dude thank you for your interest, I think you misunderstanding me cause the problem was not in the seaming it was in the easy open 

Have you talked to your supplier about it? You should first contact whoever supplied those to you and let them know of the problem as a first step.

Hi dude yes as action correction I have contacted the provider about that, but I need to correct the problem right now, so if you have any idea about  how to solve that  problem feel free to reply me thank you

hi dude thank you for your interest, I think you misunderstanding me cause the problem was not in the seaming it was in the easy open

Oh is it.. then u hav to cantact ur EOE supplier, ask for better lacquered one.
Thanks

Hi
Be sure that your container provider apply protecting laquer after covers scoring.
If you sterilize product in water you have to use softened water.

Chouguer
1 Thank

Oh is it.. then u hav to cantact ur EOE supplier, ask for better lacquered one.
Thanks

Hi dude yes as action correction I have contacted the provider about that, but I need to correct the problem right now, so if you have any idea about  how to solve that  problem feel free to reply me thank you

Hi
Be sure that your container provider apply protecting laquer after covers scoring.

Chouguer

Hi

Chouguer

Hi Mr Larbi it is great to talk to you, how are you doing today? I know it's a manufacturing problem because the whole can is normal, except for the easy open and I have contacted the provider about that. So now except the TDS of water, if I mix a product that inhibits the sport of rust with water, there will be no effect on cans and autoclave and if there is anyone who has already used this method to share with us exactly how can we do that? Thank you 

The best solution is to reject all empty cans cause the important thing is the loyalty of my customers No matter what will be the cost. Thank you all for your participation

do you process aluminium or tinplate containers? alumium containers could be attaked by alkaline detergents.
Some canners use antioxidant containing zinc or molybden
1 Like

do you process aluminium or tinplate containers? alumium containers could be attaked by alkaline detergents.
Some canners use antioxidant containing zinc or molybden

now, production has been stopped until we receive new cans, but if we use the antioxidant, they will have no effect on the boiler and autoclave.

Hi Najib,

Rejection is indeed a possible response to an observed defect.

But the "solution" also necessitates determining the Root Cause.

Hi Najib,

Rejection is indeed a possible response to an observed defect.

But the "solution" also necessitates determining the Root Cause.

the main cause is due to the manufacturer of cans 

if you usechlorinated water during cooling be sure that chlorine content is not the cause of rust.
It is recommended that after thermal process you dry your cans as soon as possible.
When you recieve news covers inspects scoring line to be sure that additional laquer was applied after scoring.

if you usechlorinated water during cooling be sure that chlorine content is not the cause of rust.
It is recommended that after thermal process you dry your cans as soon as possible.
When you recieve news covers inspects scoring line to be sure that additional laquer was applied after scoring.

we use filtered water (reverse osmosis and one of the chemicals that we use chlorine and anti-chlorine ) I know the exact main problem and the production was stopped and all the defective cans are rejected but if you want to detect the problem by yourself I got some question for you, 

1- why the rust is existing only in the easy open?
2-  Why some cans with rust and other normal, knowing that all cans produced in the same Date with same conditions?

knowing that the corrosion tends to progress more rapidly in the sea water than the freshwater i mean that the role of water in the reactions of the rusting  ( electrochemicale process) is conductivity
The press that make score line inject laquer on the score. sometimes injection is not regular.
desalinated water by reverse osmosis need to be treated before use.

The press that make score line inject laquer on the score. sometimes injection is not regular.
desalinated water by reverse osmosis need to be treated before use.

Yes, you are right, the problem is that the easy opening has not been properly coated and with the high temperature (sterilization), the tinplate stretching leads to direct contact with water.

Yes, you are right, the problem is that the easy opening has not been properly coated and with the high temperature (sterilization), the tinplate stretching leads to direct contact with water.

Root Cause >>>> And Why is that ?

Root Cause >>>> And Why is that ?

HI  Charles tomorrow I will meet the company of cans to answer those questions, and I will communicate with you all causes

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
How can I check good sterilization? Water used for Steam Sterilization Shelf life of black olives thermally sealed in cans with no preservatives How to mitigate or prevent Frost on Spiral Freezer entrance? Milk Use in Greenhouses to Prevent Plant Pathogens Rust proof locks for a chemical cage Garbage Cans - do they need lids? Truffle sauce sterilization - F0 value Autoclaves for Dropper Sterilization Cooling process for baked goods to prevent bacteria growth