What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

GMP Audit report - To score or not to score?!

Started by , Jul 04 2019 06:02 PM
5 Replies

Hello,

Thru the years I have used several versions of internal auditing/inspecting reports for GMP.  In the IFSQN implementation package for SQF they give an example of an audit checklist (QMR031) and a sample factory GMP audit that has a scoring system. We are a relatively small co-packing operations that only handles shelf stable food products that arrive already in primary packaging.  We occupy a 20,000 sqft. facility.   We complete a detailed internal audit in about an hour.  In the past, I have had both BRC and large customer auditors recommend against scoring audits suggesting that that they permit manipulation to achieve a "passing grade".  The preferred method, at least in my experience is utilizing a checklist of all the GMP stuff to evaluate and focus more on deviations, corrective actions and the follow-ups.   Curious to here some other internal auditor's thoughts.

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]
Don't need to score. Based on number of issues one can tell if good, bad, etc.

As far as I can see, Both BRC and SQF  "Score" to make Acceptability/Ranking  Assessments.

We have never scored our internal audits.

Well that depends...what would be your purpose in scoring?

Some facilities use scoring as part of their KPI's / KPM's.  If you do score it you can use that as part of your statistical component in tracking and continuous improvement of your SQF system.

Over 10 years ago I had an audit template I used with scoring.  Any area less than a certain score would be promoted and prioritized.  Scoring could help you determine priorities if your resources are limited.

My internal audits are scored which equates to a colour code; a "traffic light" system, and the colours are whats recorded in the trending. I'm a bit sceptical of this approach though, as the "best" colour score allows for considerable non-conformance's, so I don't think standards are as good as they could be if it were a number system incorporating the number of non-conformance's and the severity.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing Back to Basics - HACCP Audit Table