What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

In a sealed bag of cheese can mold use up all O2 and produce CO2?

Started by , Jul 09 2019 02:28 PM
1 Reply

hey guys,

I have a silly question about mold....

In a sealed bag of cheese, is it possible for mold to use up all the O2 in the bag and produce CO2?

we tested a sealed moldy bag of cheese and there was little to none O2 in it but a high volume of CO2.

Just curious on you thoughts and help....Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Mold growth under large batch tanks Cheese company uniforms To melt, or not to melt the cheese! Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches
[Ad]

Fungi need oxygen to respire just like us, and we would use up all the oxygen in a bag in a few minutes. So yes, I think the mold would eventually use up all the oxygen and replace it with CO2.

Similar Discussion Topics
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Mold growth under large batch tanks Cheese company uniforms To melt, or not to melt the cheese! Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches Mold Growth in Pie Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Cheese annalouge declaration Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier Can I produce pet food at a human food processing facility?