What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone use petri films for environmental monitoring?

Started by , Jul 12 2019 05:09 PM
3 Replies

hey guys,

Just curious...

when using a sponge swab, how much buffer do you add to the bag with the sponge?

for a 1:10 dilution?  90 grams of buffer

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Assessing the need for zoning and Enviromental monitoring Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products.
[Ad]

Hi Jiljilbean,

Used to work for a place that did - but we had several highly micro qualified people on staff.

If you haven't got an existing lab with equipment and folks that really know the stuff I highly recommend using a third party near you. Especially if you have a testing frequency that is weekly or less often.

At another company we were looking to build the capacity in-house but were recommended by someone else who had gone that route that the hassle/cost to do it in-house is not worth it - especially considering that your auditor and more importantly customers are going to look much more favorably on a third party if you do not have a well developed lab.

Good luck!

hey guys,

Just curious...

when using a sponge swab, how much buffer do you add to the bag with the sponge?

Thanks

hey guys,

(1) Does anyone use petri films for environmental monitoring?

Just curious...

(2) when using a sponge swab, how much buffer do you add to the bag with the sponge?

Thanks

(1) Yes, 3M have commercialized this application.

(2) Swab details typically depend on the kit instructions

We used plates, but only to test air for yeast and mold...................my coworker in crime has a MSc in micro so I do not question what she tells me

Similar Discussion Topics
Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Assessing the need for zoning and Enviromental monitoring Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Objective monitoring Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility 3M Environmental sampler abrasive swab sensitivity Flour Mill Environmental Monitoring Data logger monitoring