What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Compressed air in food processing

Started by , Jul 13 2019 09:51 AM
2 Replies
In Portugal there are many companies that require IFS Food Certification.

As a compressed air technician, I have difficulty knowing exactly and in the scope of norm ISO 8573.1: 2010, what is the minimum requirement of air quality in the processing and processing of food, mainly in pork and by-products.

I recently did a job at a cheese production company where the requirement for IFS Food certification is:

ISO 8573.1: 2010 Class 1.2.2. Sub-understand:

Class 1. hydrocarbons present in air under pressure, 0.01 ppm or better free of odors and flavors.

Class 2 - water dew point (pdp) -40 ° C or better (+/- 130 ppm)

Class 2 - Concentration of particles <400,000 between 0.1 and 0.5 microns.

The question is, where can you confirm these values?

On the other hand, I find companies with the IFS Food certification, whose compressed air is Class 4 (ISO 8573.1: 2010) clearly insufficient. Even because the higher water vapor concentration (pdp) 2 ° C results in about 7,500 ppm of water and with this value the downstream concentration of hydrocarbon is also much higher. But there are food companies certified IFS-Food.

I seek clarification on good practices.

ps: sorry for my English, because it's basic.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Compressed air testing needed? What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Compressed Air - Micro parameters
[Ad]

Go thru the attached file.

regards,

rajeev sahani

In Portugal there are many companies that require IFS Food Certification.

As a compressed air technician, I have difficulty knowing exactly and in the scope of norm ISO 8573.1: 2010, what is the minimum requirement of air quality in the processing and processing of food, mainly in pork and by-products.

I recently did a job at a cheese production company where the requirement for IFS Food certification is:

ISO 8573.1: 2010 Class 1.2.2. Sub-understand:

Class 1. hydrocarbons present in air under pressure, 0.01 ppm or better free of odors and flavors.

Class 2 - water dew point (pdp) -40 ° C or better (+/- 130 ppm)

Class 2 - Concentration of particles <400,000 between 0.1 and 0.5 microns.

The question is, where can you confirm these values?

On the other hand, I find companies with the IFS Food certification, whose compressed air is Class 4 (ISO 8573.1: 2010) clearly insufficient. Even because the higher water vapor concentration (pdp) 2 ° C results in about 7,500 ppm of water and with this value the downstream concentration of hydrocarbon is also much higher. But there are food companies certified IFS-Food.

I seek clarification on good practices.

ps: sorry for my English, because it's basic.

Hi Arnaldo,

the refs/excel sheet in this post/thread may assist -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ent/#entry81054

Similar Discussion Topics
What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Compressed air testing needed? What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Compressed Air - Micro parameters Compressed air nonconformance for no records What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? Is it ok to use unfiltered Compressed Air for pre-cleaning?