What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Site Extension for repackaging of products?

Started by , Jul 15 2019 02:50 PM
3 Replies

Hello fellow quality experts!!!!

I have a question. 

We have procured a client that needs SQF for a repack of soda. Essentially, they send us pallets of different flavors, we take the cans and repack them into variety packs. What "food category" or scope for SQF certification is this? It would appear to be little more than a warehousing and kitting operation. 

We want to conduct this operation in an off site warehouse. Which means I need some level of SQF certification for the new facility. I have started the process of adding the new address under the scope of a warehouse. Is this correct considering the 'kitting" we want to do?

Please provide a statement as to your understanding of these concepts. And as always, I am grateful!!

Sincerely,

PD

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? Site Down? Does a Quality Manager need to be on site any time production is running? Cleaning Chemicals in a Food Contact Packaging Site Is there a site that lists auditors and rates them?
[Ad]

I would imagine category 25: Repackaging of products not manufactured on site. You can discuss it further with your CB as well! 

1 Thank
The FSC is 25. It is a separate certification but can be done under multi-site.contact your CB.
1 Thank

GOOD GOD!!!

Glen Oster,

You are an angelic presence in my life. You have repeatedly clarified things where I was lost as a blind man in the middle of a landfill. I owe you a bathtub of the finest ale you appreciate. But at least, think of me and my beaming gratitude next pint. And as a contingency, don't identify, just do your thang and I love you!!!!

As I crawl away from work to lick my wounds...... I reach out to you professionals, THANK GOD FOR IFSQM!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Plastic Ducky

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? Site Down? Does a Quality Manager need to be on site any time production is running? Cleaning Chemicals in a Food Contact Packaging Site Is there a site that lists auditors and rates them? Preparing for on site Bacillus testing Can you refuse an audit if the Quality Manager is not on site? Storage Sharing (On site) BRC Site Standards Requirements for organization with multi-site certification in FSSC