What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can someone be named as an SQF Practitioner without being certified?

Started by , Jul 23 2019 07:07 PM

2.1.2.5 The SQF practitioner shall:

i. Be employed by the site as a company employee on a full-time basis;

ii. Hold a position of responsibility in relation to the management of the site's SQF System;

iii. Have completed a HACCP training course;

iv. Be competent to implement and maintain HACCP based food safety plans; and

v. Have an understanding of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing and the requirements to implement and maintain an SQF System relevant to the site's scope of certification.

5 Replies

Hi everyone, I have a question. Can someone be named a SQF Practitioner without having a license or being certified a SQF Practitioner. Example, Like my facility hired a guy and named him the SQF Practitioner and he isnt certified so his name is in all our SOP's paperwork as a SQF Practitioner, and I don't know if that will effect the facility when we have our desk audit soon. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking New Quality and Food Safety Manager-SQF Practitioner Is there a database of IFS certified companies?
[Ad]
SQF Practitioners are nor required to be licensed nor certified. They can take an optional course, take a test and get a certificate of completion, but that is it.

There are specific requirements for the SQFP such as full time, HACCP Certified, full knowledge of the SQF System etc.
1 Thank

Thank you very much. I appreciate it. 

I think they need to work at that site, also. But I am going off memory on this.

Thanks!
1 Like

Yes he works full time as well. Thank you 

2.1.2.5 The SQF practitioner shall:

i. Be employed by the site as a company employee on a full-time basis;

ii. Hold a position of responsibility in relation to the management of the site's SQF System;

iii. Have completed a HACCP training course;

iv. Be competent to implement and maintain HACCP based food safety plans; and

v. Have an understanding of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing and the requirements to implement and maintain an SQF System relevant to the site's scope of certification.

2 Likes1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking New Quality and Food Safety Manager-SQF Practitioner Is there a database of IFS certified companies? SQF Practitioner Question SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker SQF Certified - Now sharing storage space, any changes? SQF Practitioner Course Do calibration weights need to be traceable or ISO certified?