What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Customer Focus and Communication SOP

Started by , Jul 23 2019 10:11 PM
3 Replies

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some insight on what should be in a Customer Focus and Communication SOP. We don't really have a procedure in place already, so it has been difficult to see what is actually done in the company. I work in a food processing company, mainly ready-to-eat powders such as coffee, creamers, shake mixes etc. We mainly sell our products online and most customer service is done online. 

What main points should I include? Any templates are welcome :)

Thanks in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience
[Ad]

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some insight on what should be in a Customer Focus and Communication SOP. We don't really have a procedure in place already, so it has been difficult to see what is actually done in the company. I work in a food processing company, mainly ready-to-eat powders such as coffee, creamers, shake mixes etc. We mainly sell our products online and most customer service is done online. 

What main points should I include? Any templates are welcome :)

Thanks in advance!

Is there a particular FS Standard involved ?

The BRC Issue 8 has removed Clause 3.12 (3.12.1 and 3.12.2) because "as it is particularly difficult to audit (relies on auditors knowing all the customers and their specific policies)."

My auditor said that the only really important thing about Customer Communication is that only employees who have been trained in customer communications (and have training records to that effect) and listed in the SOP as authorized to communicate with customers, should be communicating with customers. 

1 Thank

There's always the case of limit of experts. Nobody has adequate knowledge or perspective to perfectly audit a several-domain system; e.g. technique, experience, practice, sale, strategy, market. That's why ISO standards for auditing recommend technical experts to attend auditing works. But, IME, most CBs seem to omit this.

The BRC Issue 8 has removed Clause 3.12 (3.12.1 and 3.12.2) because "as it is particularly difficult to audit (relies on auditors knowing all the customers and their specific policies)."

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims How to respond customer complaint regarding pH out of spec Allergen testing of the product due to a customer complaint Customer will not provide their ingredient recipe Customer Request - Supply Standards Form