What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

3rd Party Consignment Warehouses

Started by , Jul 24 2019 01:02 PM
3 Replies

I work for a paperboard packing manufacturing company in the USA and we are working towards and SQF Certification. We have 2 3rd party warehouses at customer locations for which we have consignment agreements with. My question is: do we need to make sure the 2 3rd party locations are in compliance with all SQF requirements if they are under consignment and not techincally coimapny owned warehouses? I.E. the inventory in the 3rd party warehouse is still technically our property however the warehouse itself is owned by our customers. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Third party audit certificate redacted Storage facility without third party audit 3rd Party Sanitation in Your Plant 3rd party labs in the US CCP controlled by a third party
[Ad]

the way I have handled 3rd party warehouses has been to send them a self assessment and then, since they were close by go audit them myself at least once a year. I would also get word of mouth updates from truckers going into these places that prompted more than one unannounced audit.

Thank you for your response. Do you know if SQF requires these consignment locations to be listed and audited as part of our certification?

As far as everything is concerned it is the same as shipping to your customer.

There is no requirement to audit.

Only from an ownership standpoint should you conduct inspections to ensure the condition of their building and to make certain that your materials (still under your ownership) are not impacted in any way.

Similar Discussion Topics
Third party audit certificate redacted Storage facility without third party audit 3rd Party Sanitation in Your Plant 3rd party labs in the US CCP controlled by a third party Humidity and temperature monitoring in warehouses of dry products Coffee Supplier does not have 3rd party food safety audit BRCGS 3.5.4 Management of Outsourced Processing and Use of 3rd Party Warehouse Major Non Conformance for Missing 3rd Party Calibration for Thermometer Regulatory Compliance Database Third Party Service