What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

3PL Storage- Cleaning Effectiveness

Started by , Jul 30 2019 05:50 PM
3 Replies

Hello, 

I am in the process of developing and implementing  SQF Storage & Distribution, we are a third party cold storage company. We never have exposed meat product (vegetables at times cross dock), we may at times repack primary packaged products into new secondary packaging for customers and/or relabel primary packaging. 

The master sanitation schedule reflects cleaning tasks to what we do, my question is how do I ensure the effectiveness of the cleaning?  Would ATP swabs be the best approach? For allergen spills would Protein ATP swabs be the route? 

Due to the infrequency of spills and relabeling or re-boxing, the ATP swabs tend to expire before we go through them. (which is costly) 

Is a visual inspection adequate in these cases? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company
[Ad]

You can use a just-in-time delivery for ATP swabs from a national or local lab, visual inspections may be ok short term, but will not fly well at audit time.

1 Like

Visual inspection verification is enough for S&D, you do not need to do any test, additionally you can conduct a risk assessment and list all possibles contamination's and how you will address it all trough your sanitation plan and proper handling of product (describe how you will handle the product to prevent cross contamination, your GDP's, etc). SQF S&D shows a big difference from "Manufacturing" in this specific point. This has worked very well for us in several audits.

1 Thank

I would concur with Fred73. For S&D with no exposed products and repack of finished goods only - visual observations/confirmations should be sufficient.

In fact If I am  correct, the Environmental Monitoring is N/A for S&D in SQF 8.0. Hope this helps further to what Fred73 shared. Regards, 

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals