What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How does the FDA view packagaing manufacturers?

Started by , Jul 31 2019 12:42 PM
3 Replies

Hello,

I work for a company that manufactures paperboard packaging in a multitude of industries from direct food contact to pharmaceuticals. How does the FDA currently look at us? Do they have any specific requirements of us as we currently are? (Without any food safety certification yet)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Contract Manufacturers FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6 Error every time I click on the view new content tab Facility Registration for a Brand utilizing co-manufacturers and third-party distributors SQF 2.3.3.2 - High Risk co-manufacturers - confirm compliance with the SQF Food Safety Code
[Ad]

Have you had an FDA inspection lately?

No, we have never had an FDA inspection however; we are scheduled later this year for an SQF pre-assessment audit.

To my knowledge, No FDA involvement thus far, but I have heard rumblings that they might start looking our way in the coming years. Hopefully I'll be retired by then...

Similar Discussion Topics
Contract Manufacturers FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6 Error every time I click on the view new content tab Facility Registration for a Brand utilizing co-manufacturers and third-party distributors SQF 2.3.3.2 - High Risk co-manufacturers - confirm compliance with the SQF Food Safety Code Guide to Inspections of Low Acid Canned Food Manufacturers Forums View New Content is not working Does anyone know manufacturers supplying non GE Does anyone know about any manufacturer supplying non GE baking powder?wder? Do food manufacturers sterilize the food packaging prior to use? Winery - Alcohol Manufacturers - Are you out there?