What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FDA Frequency Requirement for External AOAC lab test for Histamine

Started by , Jul 31 2019 10:00 PM
2 Replies

Hi all;

I'm having an FDA audit this month, and I am just wondering if there are any requirement for the frequency of Histamine testing in FDA regulation. I just cant find it. Can anyone show me?

Just a bit of intro for my company procedure,

- we do histamine testing of all lots (in-house testing) following the FDA guide 18samples

- we do quarterly histamine test with external labs in previous years and just this year, we did 6-monthly in accordance to our national change in regulation that requires only 6-monthly test.

In the Fish and Fishery Guide Pg 136 it stated quarterly tests for AOAC comparison - I know this only example, and in Pg 132 for verification, it only stated "periodically verify histamine findings.." no specified time period. Now I am bit worried, that i may not comply to the FDA if the example in Pg136 is really the requirement.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test?
[Ad]
Although the FDA guide “recommends” quarterly verification, keep in mind that it is very difficult to convince FDA that something other than their recommendation is acceptable. So I would strongly suggest you revert to quarterly verification with external lab. If your last external verification test was more than 3 months ago, I would suggest submitting a sample ASAP.

Thank you, Fishlady;

I will send samples asap.

cheers

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Risk assessment to determine frequency of ATP swabbing Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages PAA test strips not matching titration results