What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FDA Inspections/Investigations

Started by , Aug 02 2019 03:11 PM
4 Replies

Good day Everyone,

I know this question is being ask already but I have been out of the site for a while. 

Could anybody share the latest experiences with FDA Inspections/Investigations?  Just curious to see what are the main objectives.

I work in a Spice and Extract Operation and we had FDA/ State of Texas Observation visit but we were alerted of the "SWABATON" coming.

Any experiences you can share will greatly appreciated.

Glad to be back

K

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team SQF Ed. 9 Internal Audits and Inspections SOP Example Portable Stainless Steel Mirror on Handles for Sanitation Inspections Shipping and Receiving Inspections BRCGS Clause 3.4.4 - Monthly GMP Inspections
[Ad]

I had them in Tuesday and Wednesday actually.  No swabbing - they just wanted to observe processing/sanitation, look over FSPs, allergen management, training, and supplier approval documentation.

1 Thank

They have never swabbed our facility before.

1 Thank

I was at a company still new and right before I got there they informed me they did get a FDA visit for swabbing. They told me they took around 20 samples from different areas in the facility (different zones) and swabbed for Salmonella & Listeria. They simply want to test your EMP. 

This may help you:

http://foodsafety.me...lity-swabathon/

1 Thank

We have a site that the FDA is currently at. They are wrapping up day 2 and are planning on returning tomorrow. No swabbing, but did reference their website for us to get an idea of what to expect. It can be found here: https://www.fda.gov/...mental-sampling .

We are seeing them dig through about 1.5 years of records - reviewing every entry, etc. They informed us that 'this is nothing' and we can expect a full week next time. Much different then their visit 2 years ago, which was only 1.5 days and was more risk based on how they approached documents and records. 

Much tougher this time around.

Similar Discussion Topics
Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team SQF Ed. 9 Internal Audits and Inspections SOP Example Portable Stainless Steel Mirror on Handles for Sanitation Inspections Shipping and Receiving Inspections BRCGS Clause 3.4.4 - Monthly GMP Inspections NDAs and FDA Inspections BRCGS Clause 4.16 - Reefer Trailer Inspections How often are locker inspections required for SQF? Guide to Inspections of Low Acid Canned Food Manufacturers FDA inspections ambient storage and distribution