What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What do you use to clean and sanitize after roof leaks?

Started by , Aug 08 2019 04:56 PM
4 Replies

What do you use to clean and sanitize after containment of a roof leak in a distribution environment with prepackaged finished goods?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Cleaning equipment in clean area How often do you see chemicals spilled on a roof How to clean and sanitize in a chocolate & confectionary facility? Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks Are we allowed to sanitize white safety shoes with anti fungal spray and reuse for other people?
[Ad]

What are you cleaning?

Floor mostly (concrete), tools such as buckets or mops, and walls either concrete block or metal.  The facility unplanned water is either roof leaks or condensation which we would deal with in the same manner.

So would Simple Green be used as a cleaner then a bleach solution as the sanitizer?

Well, the first thing I would do is determine if it is the roof that is leaking or condensation - because of potential intorduction of SAM from roof leaks and condensation is normally contaminated anyway.

Simple green is an effective cleaner and I am assuming your floor is sealed and smooth.  As far as bleach is concerned I personnally don't like bleach, but others may have other opins, I like commerically available mixtures such as from EcoLab, etc.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Cleaning equipment in clean area How often do you see chemicals spilled on a roof How to clean and sanitize in a chocolate & confectionary facility? Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks Are we allowed to sanitize white safety shoes with anti fungal spray and reuse for other people? Why do we need to deep clean? SQF Plant - Using Boiling Water and Wipe to Clean the equipment without Detergent and Sanitizer Ideas on how to clean in a warehouse freezer? Swabbing using 3M Clean-Trace Luminometer Temporary Repairs for commercial leaking roof